I dunno what else to say about this now, but Joy wanted me to type a blog with that as the title, so I did.
Basically, Hana Kimi is hilarious but we all have decided that Sano is a jerk, we're tired of emotionally constipated characters, and idiot female leads who ditch the caring, funny, kind, awesome man for one who mistreats her/ignores her/yells at her.
Also, I've fallen in love with Ikuta Toma. Or maybe just Nakatsu. But I'm planning on watching more dramas that Ikuta Toma plays in, hopefully they will be good. But yeah. I wanna marry Nakatsu. Hahah. I think, perhaps, I should stop falling in love with fictional characters. Alas!
Weekend excursions of awesome:
Saturday we had church cleaning/BBQ. It was great. We weeded the front gardens and flowers and it was lovely. Then we had a tasty BBQ with great food and great company. Afterwards, Joy and Becca and I went SHOPPING woooo. It was the first time we really had time to go out and shop. We went to YOSHIDA, which is probably one of my favorite stores in the entire world, now. They have many floors of awesome things of awesome. I bought an amazing bag I'd been thinking about buying for over a week. The awesome things they have also include ayashii (suspiciuos) pictures of famous pop-star idols (I think I'll buy one of Ikuta Toma next time I'm there. Ohohoho) a Rirakkuma ipod covercasething, stationary, and socks.
Alyssa-- Also went to that little clothes store boutique thing underneath the hyakuen Shop on Motomachi-- the place where you got lots of cute clothes last year. Yup, they still have cuuuute clothes~! I bought a scarf and a ring. But I fell in love with TWO watches. Yes, TWO. I dunno why I'd need THREE watches (as I have a lovely one from Alyssa already) but I don't know if I can go back to America knowing these watches exist, but not on my wrist :p
Then, we three went off to our bus stop. I discovered that ONE STREET OVER is the book-off/Daiso/Uniclo I took TRAINS to last year. HOW DUMB IS THAT?? haha. I could have WALKED THERE!! :P
Anyway, Joy and Becca and I were all pretty tired out, so we went in Jonathens, a family-style restaurant and sat down, talked, and ordered dessert. Joy got Anmitsu, which is an AMAZINGLY TASTY JAPANESE SWEET. Waaaa I love it! Black sugar syrup might just be heaven on earth. Becca and I got parfaits. And they were also heavenly.
Then we went to BOOK-OFF. For those of you who sadly do not comprehend the epicness that is Book-Off, it is a used/new book/magazine/video game/ movie/ music store. You can get great deals on lovely Japanese things. I bought a DS game (THE NINTENDOGS ONE HAHAHAHA) It's in Japanese, but doesn't have a gazillion to read, so I think I might actually play it more. Last year I bought Pokemon Pearl in Japan, but it had a lot of reading it in so I didn't end up reading much of anything haha. I also bought a bunch of books to help myself study. I bought the Japanese book of Kiki's Delivery Service, and several other books Joy recommended to me. Two are the diaries of the real-life-girl 1 litre of tears was based off of, and the diary of her mother. I think I will die crying.
After that we came home. :p I spent money. Lol. I could easily have spent more, too. We didn't even get to Daiso, a Hyakuen shop of HEAVEN. Alas, I need a job :p
Sunday-- went to church! Becca and I actually had to bear our testimonies on the temple. Joy helped us write ours down in Japanese. I was able to do a good chunk of it myself, which was nice. Becca was so cute when she was reading hers! She even started crying. It was very very powerful. Even in a Language she's only be studying for a few months, she's able to speak and feel the spirit. Waa, so cute.
We had a curry party to welcome the study abroad students to Yokohama. It was at the church at 5:30. Becca and Joy and I were just going to hang out at the church because it takes us about and hour and a half to get home. So with church getting out at 1:00, it wouldn't have been worth it to come home. But Sister Endo, my host mom from last year, insisted we all come to her house. So we did. It was soooo lovely to spend the afternoon with her! She's sooo sweet and fun and awesome and SHE FED US. Which was sooooooo nice!! Sundays are weird for us, because sister Saito doesn't really feed us... but it's sunday so we can't go out and buy lunch. It's an odd arrangement. But we can't ASK her if she'll feed us, because then she'd feel obligated and would, even if it was something she didn't want to do. One of the delicate points of Japanese culture.
But the party was fun. We ate lots of curry. And I think coconut milk with tapioca is my new favorite thing in the world. And it was fun to really meet/see the study abroad people. Haha. They will have a blast, I'm sure, but what they don't know is that I am having SO MUCH MORE HAPPY than them. Even if I'm extraordinarily busy and don't even have time to do my own studies between lesson planning and teaching and commuting to class for three hours a day. And all that other stuff. Wah. If I didn't do anything but teaching English (no ward activities, no sightseeing) then I'd have enough time to get my sudying done. But as it is... there's no way!! I dunno what to do. :p
Anyway, now it's monday morning and I'm back to work, trying to plan lessons in advance. Next week we'll switch classes, so I'll be teaching 201. That will be a big change, but I'm hoping it will also give me a bit more time.
Lots of love!
--JeJira
I love cute boutiques! There's a few behind the Bayside Mall in Kishiwada that I plan on checking out. Guess what? I bought Kiki's Delivery Service too! Except yours was probably cheaper because I didn't get mine at a Bookoff. I need to find out where it is still. I'm so jealous the study abroad students are visiting you guys! They never came to visit us. Osaka and Kyoto aren't that far away :(. Haha, I'm kidding. Mostly. I'm so glad you're having such a blast!
ReplyDeleteJEALOUS STILL.
ReplyDeleteOkay, new plan. You teach in Japan, make lots of money, then fund trips for me to visit you multiple times a year.
Win.
Tapioca and coconut milk is HEAVEN ON EARTH.
ReplyDeletePlease buys lots of suspicious photos of Toma. He is too beautiful.
You, Jess, are too cute!
ReplyDelete