Sunday, May 23, 2010

Weekeeeeend

First off, thanks for indulging my patheticness and commenting on that last entry. C: You guys are the best!

P-Chan: 笑。ごめんね~!I didn't mean to make you feel coerced. But it was lovely to hear from you!! I thought about you the other day and missed you dearly. C: Also, your last comment sounded so serious!! Don't we both know by now that I don't fall in love?? ;D 笑 But I will do my best to not fall for any of my students. :p

Alyssa: I love how you tell me to climb Mt Fuji on the same blog I talk about spraining my ankle. haha.

TIFF: Haha. I'm glad I was graced by a comment, this time.

MADDEH: Yeah. We're pretty awesome, huh? -highfive-

---- OKAY NEW STUFF

Uneventful weekend, I'm afraid. Becca and Joy and I had plans to visit the Ramen Museum in Shin-Yokohama, but I couldn't really walk, so we'll do it some other time. Saturday, Becca and Joy went for a walk around the neighborhood. I remained at home, alone, trying to keep my foot elevated. :p But I planned a lesson and watched/buffered some Hana Kimi to watch with them when they got home. ((Sorry Joy!! :p))

Jdramas are lots of fun, but they can also be a very effective distraction haha.

Anyway. I went to church on Sunday, despite the ankle. We'd usually have to take two buses (at least, with my ankle we would. Taking one requires about 20-minutes walking up hills and stuff. Not so good for my ねんざ!) Anyway. We got a ride to one of the bus stops from brother Saito, but due to some misunderstandings, missed the bus anyway. We took a taxi, which turned out to be a really good thing, I think.
The taxi driver started talking about how he had had a stroke some time ago. It was a near-death experience, and he had gone to the gates of Hell and seen a friend there. His friend told him to go away, that he didn't belong there. After that, this Taxi driver said he felt there was something he needed to do in his life. When we arrived at church, we ran inside and gave him a pass-along card. Hopefully he'll go to church sometime.

Anyway, after several hours of sitting and hobbling around church, my ankle and entire foot had swollen up a bit. It looked pretty bad, but still didn't hurt all that much. Everyone kept asking if I'd been to the hospital though. I don't have any intentions of going-- all they would do is tell me to keep off it and keep it elevated. I don't see why I need to pay someone money for that. :p haha

Anyway. Spent Sunday afternoon elevating my foot and watching Hana Kimi with everyone. Joy helped me study my Japanese (she's so good to me! Not only does she put up with my distractions of Jdramas, but she ALSO laughs at the stupid things I do, puts up with my teasing, AND TEACHES ME HOW TO USE THE JAPANESE PASSIVES!!! And she went through part of one of the articles I'm supposed to read with me and helped me with the kanji readings and meanings. It's so mendokusai to not have RIKAI CHAN to help me read kanji!! haha. There are audio files online, but none of them are working right now, so it's reeeally hard to work on anything. sigh.

Man, I never closed off my parenthesis up there. oops.

Anywho, the best was Joy helping me practice the Japanese Passive conjugations of verbs. She told me a story in English and I translated it into Japanese using passives. Story one involved me being asked out on a date by a boy I didn't like. THen he forgot his wallet(and I was negatively effected by it), made me pay (and I was negatively effected by it), went home before me(and I was negatively effected by it), made me walk (and I was negatively effected by it) and after all that, when I came home he was on my doorstep(and I was negatively effected by it)!! Then he said "I forgot to kiss you goodnight!!" (and I was negatively effected by it). It ended with me punching him in the face (and HE was negatively effected by it).

I know, such a teaching, heart-warming story!!

Today Becca and Joy made me stay home so I can further recover. So I've been sitting with my foot up alllllll day. Worked on some lessons, worked on some Japanese... Now I'm waiting for them to come hoooommeeeee~! haha. C:

Anyway, for an uneventful weekend, I sure did manage to think up a lot to say. Sorry everyone C:

Lots of love from across the sea,
Jejira!

4 comments:

  1. I hope you heal soon. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comment:

    Thanks for the shoutout. I like your passive story. :) Should I watch 1 liter of tears?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that story. I think it should be turned into a jdorama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEST STORY
    unfortunate that the man / boy ratio in the world is so low, but that's okay, we shall persevere!

    ReplyDelete