Friday, May 14, 2010

JAPAN!!

Oh man, has it been crazy busy in my life the past week! and I'm still busy so I'll try to update in a fun, albeit brief, manner.

JAPAN IS AMAZING!!! :D Of course. Haha. The plan ride was pretty fun actually They had TV screens on the back of each of the stairs and I (finally) watched Avatar. I actually liked it quite a lot, but mainly because I was just interested in the culture of the Nav'i people or whatever. It reminded me of my good old childhood (and also like a year ago!!) when my friend Rhea and I would think up new worlds and tell each other about them and about the culture and customs and etc. C:

Teaching English is AMAZING. Seriously, I love my students SO MUCH. I'm so amazed and proud of them and they are all so full of personality and life. I love teaching them, I love watching them learn and succeed. I love watching them play basketball after class and seeing how they interact with each other. I love it when they ask me to play basketball with them. I love when they use their English in real-life situations. I love when they laugh at me. I love when they teach me Japanese. They are seriously a group of AMAZING people. I'm so ridiculously proud of them all. I'm going to be a way too-proud mother someday, I think!!

I've spent most to all of my time this past week (from Monday) either teaching English or preparing my lessons for teaching English. It's been busy, but fun and good. I'm hoping to get ahead this weekend, so I can actually study my Japanese, but I have a lot of things planned tomorrow, too.

We have a stake activity-- a pic nic thing. After that I'm adventuring out on my own to go to a music performance of one of my students. Kenzo wouldn't sing the song for me, so I have to pay over 7 dollars one way and travel for an hour and a half (one way again!!) to get there. And it will actually prolly cost more for buses and stuff before those trains. Hahaha. :)

Today after class we had a biiig party. We ate lots of food and snacks and talked (in ENglish and Japanese) and played telephone and two truths and a lie. haha. After that, we went outside with the intent to play basketball, but instead we played with many small children (who belong to one of the students) It was especially great to see Kenzo and Ryo playing with (and being climbed on and chased down and overall whipped) by all these kids. Haha. They were so good and adorable playing with them.

During this, I somehow became a "Jinseisoudanshitsu"-- Which is "life" "Consult" and "room" put together. Basically, a DEAR ABBEY. type of thing. So they asked me about the use of "I like you" and "I love you" in America. And I told them about dating in America, and about high school dances. And they asked me what kind of dates are good to go on, and what dates I like, and about my first kiss and what kind of guys are good to date and all sorts of other things haha. It was a lot of fun. I spoke mostly in Japanese, which was hard, but very good. haha. I hope it made sense to them.

By then, most everyone had left. It was after 7:00 and getting dark, but Kenshiro, Ryo, Kenzo, Becca, and I had time to play "Horse" before leaving. And that was tons of fun, too. :D Becca and I were surprisingly adept at finding our way back to the bus stop late at night in the dark.

My students are 最高. That means THE BEST. Expect more gushing from me in future blog posts. Haha. But srsly, they are amazing.

PICTURES!!!! http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2032253&id=1582200121&l=5d22d917a0

3 comments:

  1. SO EXCITING! I'm jealous!

    I want to know all about your students lol. And about the concert when you go there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAy Jess! THat is awesome! I am jealous

    ReplyDelete