Thursday, May 27, 2010

The food here is amazing.

Last night, a lovely lady named Jenny Sato invited the three of us (as well as Sammy, from class, and the missionaries) to make and eat dinner at her house. It was amaaaaaaaazing~! We made Katsudon and Chicken tatsu (I think that's what it was called??) haha. Basically it's breaded and friend pork and chicken. And it was heaven in your mouth. Tonkatsu sauce on the pork, the same sauce or ketchup on the chicken, and a little of fresh-squeezed lemon juice on both....! Mmmm, heavenly! And that with rice and salad: complete perfection!!

It's amusing to me that, in my experience, most of the missionaries I meet out in their field are usually normal and comfortable. It's like once they arrive home and no longer have a companion, they get super awkward. Ahaha, life.

I'm hobbling around more and more these days. C: Maybe soon I'll be walking like a normal person.

There are far too many boys in the world, and not nearly enough men. What factors contribute to their growing up? It's certainly not age, alone. Is it really that difficult to think about how your actions might affect those around you?

In Japan, that sort of outward awareness is very common and prized. In some cases, you don't do things not because they're right or wrong, but because it will negatively affect those around you. It will inconvenience or make them uncomfortable. Be less selfish and less self-centered. Pay a little attention to how what you do makes those around you feel. No one is perfect, but it's not that hard to look around and think about what you're doing.

Also, Logic vs common sense. Men may be logical, but boys seem to lack common sense. I'm always finding myself in shock and disbelief at some of the things people do. I mean, really??

Oops, this post turned sort of man-hating. Sorry, males!!

-----
P-chan: I litre of tears is like an 11-hour really sad movie. It has a lot of really good inspiring things, but it is also SO VERY SAD. But the boy is SUPER MEGA cute and I recommend the series. Just be warned I bawled and I never cry at like anything. lol

6 comments:

  1. Do you remember Elder Drake from when we were in Kyoto? He transferred to Osaka and is in my ward!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you'll make this food for me when you get back, hai?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about boys... and that is why I'm marrying a MAN! And I think I promise to read your blog more regularly instead of binge reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny~!!! I miss her and her awesome!

    Hope your ankle gets all better soon. I miss you too~ Like every day I wake up and I'm like "T^T Jessicaaaaaa..." But you'll come back so I'll be patient. You keep having fun and letting us know about all the kakko ee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It makes my day every time I get to read about your and Cheek-san's summer Japan adventures! I actually dreamt about Japan last night and it felt so real I didn't want to wake up :D Thank you for sharing all your experiences, I especially love hearing about the food and shopping you get to enjoy. I am planning on an Otaku Tour of Japan next fall and I am so excited about it. It will be like a dream, I'll have to pinch myself to make sure it's real! XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boo, boys! :)

    I will watch it. And most likely cry. :)

    ReplyDelete