There are few things in the world as terrifying as standing naked in the shower, with no contacts in, and suddenly seeing a small, black dot race across the wall next to you. Yes, my dear readers, a spider in the shower. It's at times like these that I'm glad I'm an adult and can managed to keep myself from screaming out of terror and shock.
Though occasionally, I so still whimper.
In other news, for the rainy season, we sure haven't seen much rain yet. It's been hot and humid but not very rainy. Interesting.
Also, It's been so long since I've last posted that I forgot what all I've done. Been super busy, between planning lessons, teaching lessons, re-writing the texbooks so my students actually stand a chance of understanding SOME of what's going on... etc. It's been hard, but very worthwhile.
We had an amazing barbeque the other night. Saito shimai's younger sister and her husband came over. We had AMAZING meat, DELICIOUS pasta salad, DELECTABLE rice, and CHARMING conversation. We talked about all sorts of things, from dialects to the correct pronunciation of hashi and hashi (choptsicks and bridge :P) to arranged marriages to blind dates to oh I don't remember what else. But Endo shimai (the younger sister) is absolutely adorable, and such a dear, sweet lady. I felt wonderfully included in the conversations. I love it when I can understand what's going on. Haha. I love it even more when I can participate.
We went to the temple yesterday night, too. That was lovely. After class, we ran out as soon as we could and took some trains to Tokyo. Sammy and Masaki, two of our students, came with us. The boys and I did baptisms, while Joy and Becca did an endowment session. The youth in Masaki's ward was also there doing baptisms, so that was super fun. It was really really nice. I miss going to the templed a lot. Gotta be better about that.
One thing I've decided to do is to really try not to worry too much about all the stuff I tend to worry about. I will work hard. I will do my best. I will strive for the things I want in my life. And God will make sure that what needs to happen in my life to make me into the type of person He needs me to be will happen. And I want to be happy with that.
Also, I found out I can get another event pokemon this year. MUA HA HA. I LOVE MCDONALD'S WIFI CLUB AND THEIR SUMMERTIME POKEMON EVENTS >:D
Gotta come back every year.
Peace out, lovlies.
PS. The first person who can tell me where the title of this blog post comes from will receive and epic high-five. Yes. I have high-stake contests, here.
High stakes? Like what? Our friendship? It's Jason Mraz, love. Maybe something about the dynamo of volition. Maybe.
ReplyDeleteAnywho, I just killed a giant spider in my bedroom. I'm talking, as big as my hand. Oh Florida, you kill me. Can we meet up in Utah, in say, 6 weeks? Cause I miss everything about you. And I wish I could call you.
xoxo
I totally hate seeing dark blobs running around in the shower when i can't see too! Though frequently in my case it is just lint. :)
ReplyDeleteG'ma just reads and doesn't usually comment. When I noticed it said I hadn't responded, I decided I'd better make at least one comment. Hope you had a HAPPY BIRTHDAY. It will be nice to have you back home again. I think I'll go to my mail and send you a picture of the beautiful flowers in the boxes G'pa made for me. It is much easier to dead-head the flowers and the weeds are few and far between.
ReplyDeleteLove you .....
Am so eager to see you on the 30th of this month! Have a great flight home. You'll get to see the new Mrs. Crapo, her husband and her G'ma. :)
ReplyDelete