Wow, my last blog post was my 50th. I feel somewhat more legit as far as blogging goes. But still not too much :p
Not too much time this morning, but I want to share with everything the genius that is my sister: she's 16 and already OH SO VERY WISE.
We had a conversation on facebook last night (for me) and this morning (for her). It went roughly as follows:
Me: I have this nasty tendency of getting interested in guys that will never want me back. And then I help them get together with other girls!! Why do I do that??
The-best-sister-in-the-world: Because you're too nice. you shouldn't care about what they actually want, but convince them away from the other women so that you can have them
Yeah, she made my night. :) I have the best family. Really, I do. I hope someday I can have my own. And I hope it will be as loving and safe and amazing as mine has been to me.
In other quick news: Tuesday was my birthday. I graduated into the 21st year of my life. It always feels weird to change ages. I keep forgetting I need to change my age in my mind. But this year, oddly enough, I actually kind of feel like 21. Haha. :p It seems like a good age for me to be right now. Maybe that means I'm growing up a little bit. Maybe that means good things are to come this year. Maybe it means I'm just crazy. C: I guess only time will tell
We went to KARAOKE in celebration. We found a great place with cheap prices and NOMIHOUDAI. Which means "all you can drink" haha. So we sang lots of songs (high school musical, some Japanese ones, N*Sync, Backstreet boys, Muse, lady gaga ;D) and drank melon soda. haha. What's also cool about this place: at the end, you play rock-paper-scissors with the register people and if you win you get a discount. Haha. Win!
I also bought myself a pair of amaaazing cowboy boots. Slightly used, awesome, super cute. about 50$ that's a good price, right?
In a small 'bout of self-praising: I feel like I am doing okay. I know there are a lot of things I still need to work on, things I can do better, ways I can be better... but overall I feel like I'm doing an okay job existing. I feel like I'm doing good in the world, or at least good the lives of the people around me. I feel like I'm able to give love to those near me. And that really makes me feel much more complete.
Scared to go back to school; optimistic for the future.
Technically you graduated into your 22nd year...
ReplyDeleteAnd you rock at existing!
Also, I really want melon-pan. We should make it when you get back. (And you can bring me some if you really want. :P)