Monday, June 7, 2010

Too many updates?

I think, probably. Oh well, I feel like I have stuff to say. I promise I always try to make them short and sweet, but they always end up being long. Oops.

Sarah: I bought you a cute thing today. I think you will like it. I'm sure I'll buy you more cute things as the days go on

About teaching: today I taught 201 for the first time since our first week. Teaching 201 is a lot different that 101, so I still have a lot of things to work on. But all in all I think it went okay. Just gotta figure out how much direction/confines I need to give each of the classes to optimize their class time. Need to get them talking more, but also want to make sure they understand the story.

Today the lesson was on Esther. Tomorrow's is on Job. I'm currently plotting ways to get more of the students to really read the stories before hand and not skimming it five minutes before class. :p I'm also, of course, trying to make it interesting and fun.

On an un-related note, doesn't it drive you crazy when you send someone an e-mail with several questions, and they only answer one? Or even worse, NONE?! And then you have to send THE EXACT SAME QUESTIONS only worded slightly differently so you don't make the other person feel dumb for not asking? But then at the same time you're worried that maybe they didn't answer because they don't WANT to answer but don't want to tell you that So if you re-ask they either have to tell you even though they don't want to, or tell you they don't WANT to tell you, both of which are awkward.

Wow, communication is complicated.

On to yet another un-Japan-related note. So if you find my innermost musing boring, please be forewarned and feel free to stop reading this entry:

As per relationships, I used to think I was a rather dependent person. Because I love people, love being around people, love doing things with people, etc etc. I recharge my batteries through social interactions, a lot of the times. So I thought I was probably a needy type of person.

Then I actually got into a relationship, and I found myself feeling tied down. I felt clung to. And I didn't like that. I didn't like clingyness. So I thought: yappari, I must be independent after all. And in many ways I am rather independent. I don't like feeling clung to, I like to have the option to not do things, I like to see many friends at once. I hate feeling obligated to spend time with someone, do certain things, etc, not because they're necessary, but because that's what dating couples do, right? I hate that sort of obligation feeling. So in many ways, I'm independent.

But recently, I think I've reached closer to the truth. In many ways I can be considered dependent. In many ways, independent. In reality, I think I thrive in a co-dependent relationship (all sorts of relationships-- not just romantic ones). One where I have my own responsibilities, but I can look for support and guidance from the other person. One where they also have their own jobs, but still ask me for ideas and etc as well. I feel like this is in many ways the sort of relationship Joy, Becca, and I have. Though Joy is prolly the most independent of us all :p I have jobs and responsibilities, classes to teach, etc, but I can bounce ideas off of Joy and Becca and it turns into a lovely pot of idea stew.

Anyway. That's it I guess. I don't like unbalanced relationships.

PS Anberlin is REALLY AWESOME.
PSS So is GReeeeN

3 comments:

  1. Yyou are cute. And hmm interesting about the skimming right before class............haha. Sound familiar. Probably drove our teachers nuts too. Just kidding. Interesting thoughts you have been having. I think you are growing up a bit more and learning about yourself--that is really neat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I think you mean interdependence. Codependence is a not-so-good thing. :P

    And you can never update too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send me questions by email, and I'll answer the questions you should have asked, not the ones you did! Thanks for the tip on how to drive you crazy(er).

    Relating to what charlie said, you might want to answer the checklist at the following site just to make sure - http://www.nmha.org/go/codependency. Ha!ha! Love you! Dad

    ReplyDelete