Last Friday I drove down to Mukawa-cho after work to help out with a Halloween Party another ALT had organized for her Elementary School students.
The drive was absolutely stunning! I drove mostly abandoned back roads, through forests in yellow and red and orange, with the afternoon light illuminating everything in the most stunning way. Sadly, I was driving, and everytime I thought about stopping and taking a picture, there were no turns outs or I wizzed past them because they were invisable until you were right on them :(
Google Maps told me it would take and hour and 50 minutes to get there. Pretty sure it took an hour. As Jeri says- Google drives like a grandpa.
The party itself was amazing! I had a wonderful time, and I think most of the kids did too! there were all kinds of games set up- mask making, dancing, pumpkin bowling, pin the tail on the black cat. face painting... And a HAUNTED HOUSE. Yeah! They totally decorated a hallway all creepy like. It was scary. I was pretty freaked out. Then again I am a pansy...!!
Anyway, I got to work painting faces, which is basically my dream party-job. I ADORE painting faces. And the kids were super adorable. I painted butterflies and hearts and stars and spiders and pumpkins and ghosts and all sorts of great things. It was wonderful.
Again, no pictures, but as soon as I acquire them from other people there, I will post them here.
Yay pictures!
ReplyDelete