Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Bills

Bills in Japan are driving me crazy. I have been here for a few months, and this weekend I got several bills I had never seen before.

Now, if they were in English I could probally figure them out okay, but I can not for the life of me tell if they are taking the money directly out of my bank account, or if I need to do something to pay them. There are no instructions on me needing to pay them, but there is also no indication that they know my banking information.

But what is worse than that, they do not say when they did/will take the money out my account. Also, the totals come to 400$, which I was not expecting and cant really afford. Even with all my efforts budgeting and buying AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE, I have been thwarted. It is very frustrating :(

Also, apparenly there was several hundred dollars of taxes on my car that I didn`t know would come with it. Meaning I will have next to no money again next month.

And coming home for Christmas will most likely be impossible.

Boo.

2 comments:

  1. You posted!

    But so depressing. :/

    I'm sorry--this must be so frustrating! Perhaps you can take it to one of your colleagues for help translating? And what in the world is adding up to $400? (Certainly not the heating bill....)

    I take it coming home for Christmas may be impossible because of finances?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I'm lucky because my landlady pays the company directly and then I just pay her in cash. But I'm not sure about our Internet bill (which cost over 100 to get set up. And banking is a bit confusing too.

    ReplyDelete