We had a fire drill yesterday! That was kind of exciting. Everyone filed outside (IT WAS COLD) and we stood in the parking lot (We even kept on our INSIDE SHOES. I was slightly mortified when I stepped outside in mine). Lots of Japanese I didn`t understand was spoken. Prolly important stuff I should know to not die in case of fire. But the coolest part was watching a few of my students use those fire extinguisher things. That was exciting.
Adventured to Sapporo!! Jeri`s mom was going to get a rental car while she was here, but in the end decided it was too expensive. But we went into Sapporo anyway, to eat, see the city. meet up with a friend, and because I wanted to get a full-body Pikachu suit for my Halloween costume (Yes, I am THAT AWESOME. Also it is really warm and makes good PJs.)
Met up with friend Jesse and went to have Soup Curry for dinner. I was rather skeptical at first, prolly because he described it as watery curry. lol. But it was PHENOMENAL!! SO TASTY. Also I got mine almost as spicy and it comes and it was very spicy haha. But yeah. In love with soup curry. Can`t wait to go back to the city and try a different restaurant of it too :)
Then we rode the ferris wheel and saw lots of pretty night scenery and lights and it was a grand old time.
Also I drove. CAUSE I HAVE A CAR.
I am still excited about that.
toodles!
Are you learning a lot more Japanese now that you live there?
ReplyDeleteThat costume sounds SO funny! Do they celebrate anything like Halloween in Japan...? If so, can you wear it to school? XD
How far is Sapporo? And how much is gas in Japan?
Post pictures of the car, foo!
ReplyDelete