Best Valentine`s Day ever.
And I got a few more tasty treats from my students today!!
So yup. I have never felt more loved than on this Valentine`s day, where students (all girls, mind you!) sought me out in the teacher`s room and gave me adorable gifts. LOVE IT.
For those unfamiliar with Japanese Valentine`s day traditions, it`s actually pretty different from what we do in America. In Japan, girls give chocolates to boys they like. Then, next month on March 14th (called White Day), boys will give chocolates back to any girls that they like. Kinda cute, right??
Apparently a lot of people have also started celebrating April 14th-- labeled black day-- where you basically buy yourself chocolates and have a pity party if you don't have a boyfriend/the guy you like didn't give you chocolates/etc. haha. I just have black days whenever the mood strikes me ;D But you know, any excuse to eat chocolate and watch romantic comedies!!

HOW CUTE!!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad the holiday went well, and how sweet of your students!