If you are like me (for your sake, I hope you are not like me), you are married to your chapstick.
My lips get dry. Super dry. All the time.
Winter is especially hard.
But you know what can help?
EXFOLIATING! WOOHOO!!
When you have dead skin anywhere on your body, it makes moisturizing very ineffective. All you`re doing is lathering up skin that is already dead. Helpful? Not so much.
So what you gotta do it get the dead skin off!
This is what I do for my lips:
1. Take a spoonful of sugar in your palm, and drip water onto it until it makes a thick paste (A little water goes a loooong way. Trust me!).
2. Rub that succulent solution (+2 alliteration) on your lips.
3. Rinse off (Or lick. It`s really up to you).
4. Apply chapstick and enjoy your soft lips. Yum yum!!
I do this all the time, especially during the winter. I suppose you could also use the rub on your hands and elbows and stuff, but things might get sticky.
This is brilliant! I'll have to try it :)
ReplyDeleteI do this too except I add olive oil instead of water and a little cinnamon. That way, it tastes better and the sugar doesn't dissolve and the olive oil moisturizes your lips :D so kissable :D
ReplyDelete