Sunday, February 12, 2012

Bababum

So some of you might think that because I live in Japan, my life is super exciting.

Well let me tell you, that is not always true.

Nothing that exciting has happened here for quite some time. My days are usually boring with little to do. I only teach a few classes a day, and when i am not teaching I am desperately trying to find some way to stay busy until work is over. This involves:
listening to Japanese-teaching pod casts
dabbling in re-learning the little Spanish I once knew
writing letters
occasionally looking up activity ideas for class. This happens rarely since I am not really allowed to do much in the classrooms
chatting in gmail (Please. come keep me company)
Planning future vacations

Semi-exciting events that have transpired lately:
It snows and snows and snows and snows. I shoveled 6 inches of snow three times in a 24-hour time frame
I almost died driving to church yesterday because I could literally see NOTHING outside my windshield except white from snow and wind.
A ton of my classes were cancelled because about half the students were gone from school with influenza. So I had literally nothing to do at school, but had to go anyway!! At least it was time to study Japanese. But still. I hate being so not-busy at work.

Probably legitimately exciting things:
I went to the snow festival in Sapporo. It was pretty cool, but not as cool as I was expecting. oops. But there were giant snow sculptures of a Japanese castle and the Taj Mahal, among other things, and tasty festival food. Also, I was accosted by some Navy men. It was 4 pm and they were already drunk. Guh.

But! Sister has her tickets to come to Japan!! HURRAH. And I have my tickets home :) Once winter ends I think I will be sad to leave Hokkaido. I loved it when I first got here. Absolutely loved it. But I am not a winter person, and that combined with several other factors have made it a rather tough past few months. I am really looking forward to going home.

Anyway. That is my update.

3 comments:

  1. You're leaving? :0 So when will you be back in the US of A?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When is sister coming up? And what happened with the Navy boys??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sister is coming July 24th!!! :D We`ll hang around Hokkaido for a bit then head down to Kyoto, Hiroshima, then back to Tokyo and Yokohama before heading home! :)

      And I ran away from the Navy boys the first chance I got hahaha.

      Delete