Friday, August 12, 2011

Past Week Hodge-Podge!!

Mainly pictures because I am lazy!

Yubari SUMMER FESTIVAL! Friend Alyssa came up for the weekend, and we met friend and fellow ALT Andromeda in Yubari, where we wore Yukata and did the Aho Odori (Idiot's dance) with a bunch of other Japanese people for an hour and a half!! :D They all loved the foreigners and took lots of pictures of us! It was INCREDIBLY FUN!
Andromeda

Alyssa!

The group we danced with

Super cute foreigners!!

RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME AND ATTRACTIVE TAIKO DRUMMERS


I ate a giant slug. Yeah. That was exciting!!!

Monday, I went to Karaoke with a friend from church, Sachiko!! The Karaoke place we went to was "Thriller Karaoke" so it was all Halloween-like inside. AWESOME!!


Flattery self-photography in a mirror. lulz.




I PLACED SECOND!! out of three people... LOL
 Wednesday night: Went to Iwamizawa for a Relief Society Activity! Afterwards, Sachiko and another friend took me to "Bikkuri Donkey" (Surprised Donkey) where we ate tasty food (HambaGU, which are actually QUITE different from hamburgers)

The best part of Japan: PARFAITS. Mine was Summer Peach. And yes, those are EDIBLE, silver sparklies on top there.

Sachiko's parfait
 Friday: Fellow ALT, Jeri, and I went SHOPPING.

 
I am in love with this shoes. I didn't but them... but I am thinking I should go back and get them. They were sen en!! (A little more than 10$?)

Jeri enjoying a DELICIOUS parfait at Kuriyama Park.

Octopus in the sand pit

Excuse the poor quality. These are from my phone.

ELEPHANT SLIDE!!
 We got dinner at a cute little restaurant right next to the park. The menu was all in Japanese, but I actually had no problem with it. This was a very nice experience. I even got to help Jeri choose her dinner, too!!
Mine: Zarusoba. Cold soba noodles that you dip in a cold sauce and then it. They were so simple and delicious and exactly what I was craving! I am definitely going to try making them myself soon.

Jeri's Tempura MEAL. It was epic big. Also, I told the waitress that Jeri was a vegetarian and that included fish, and it seemed she understood (at least she didn't put in the shrimp) but basically all the side dishes were fish-based and there were several fillets of tempura fish as well. xD We switched meals halfway through which was fun! Super tasty!!

The restaurant. Def going back!

Fantastic moon-scape!! The horizon was lavender and the sky pale blue and the moon was huge!! Picture does not do it justice. :(

Also. I am going to buy this car. I've decided. You can't tell what it looks like in this picture, really. But here it is:
Isn't it simply DREAMY??!!!
AND THAT IS MY LIFE. WOO.

JeJira

4 comments:

  1. Are you seriously going to get that car? Because it looks AWESOME.

    Oh man, I want to visit you SO SO SO bad! I need to sell a book and make lots of money so I can!!!

    And I love those shoes! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That elephant slide looks Awesome and so much fun!!!

    I like how the resteraunt is called "Suprised Donkey" haha

    Your parfait looks so yummy!!! Now I want ice cream or something delicous

    ReplyDelete
  3. You finally found a dance you are good at!

    The shoes are definitely you. They also look like they'd be perfect for the snowy winters (maybe that's why they are only $10?)

    Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh this was so fun to read!! :> definitely going to follow your blog on my feed reader. i LOVE those shoes and that car is super precious, how much does it cost?!?!

    ReplyDelete