Sunday, August 7, 2011

Bike adventure

Today's adventures included getting my bike fixed! Twice!

First time was for my tire. The rear tire had a hole in it, so Matsuda-san borrowed the BOE truck to pick me and bike up and take me to the bike-shop! The old man working there was super effecient and nice and he repaired the hole for a mere 700 yen!  (that's like 8$ about?) anyway. Matsuda san took me home and I talked to me familia on skype for a while. When I went back outside to ride my bike, what do I find? When I pedal the tire didn't move!! So Matsuda-san called the bike man and he drove to MY house and fixed it FREE OF CHARGE in like 2 minutes. It was so nice! AND I COULD FINALLY BIKE AGAIN!! So what did I do?

Yeah. I went exploring. Took a road I had been wondering about for a while. Took it a long way. Everything is stunning here. The rolling, tree-covered mountains fading into clouds and mist... there is simply nothing like it. I want to go hiking on those mountains so badly.





Rice field


Coca-cola house??

I want to explore down this road.


















Alyssa got to Kuriyama eki at 10:30 pm. So we ate dinner late and talked and had a grand ol time. Saturday involved a FESTIVAL in nearby YUBARI. When I get pictures and video from Alyssa I will post all about that :)

3 comments:

  1. i take it this is a different Alyssa from our Alyssa?

    Also, gorgeous pictures. How fantastic to have a day where you can just explore! I envy you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. うらやまし。北海道のどこ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are having a great time. I think about you lots!

    ReplyDelete