Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Music

Every so often I am impressed at how powerful music can be. There are times when my chest aches to convey something, something I can't put into words or colors or actions. There are times when I yearn to create sounds and melodies tangled with lyrics that could somehow release that something.

And sometimes I try.

But there are artists like Lydia and Barcelona that create sounds and beats and words that simultaneously release and feed that aching in me.

They feed in me memories of rain and quiet acceptance and unrequited love and possibilities.

What about you? What music resonates with you?

Unrelated: why is blogging so much more enjoyable than writing research papers? Why do I always want to blog on campus, where I can't use deviantart to find cool pictures? :p

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you.

    I don't think there's any one artist that really resonates with me, it just depends on how I'm feeling.

    ReplyDelete