My first blind date resulted in the guy practically proposing to me over e-mail and asking me to bear his children. It was awkward. And really stressful at the time, but makes for a good story now.
I went on a blind date on Saturday, one my friends (whom I know really well) set me up so I wasn't worried about crazy people.
The thing is, I really did have a good time. And I would like to get to know this guy more.
But, as I think is totally natural on a blind date, he seemed kind of guarded, not exactly super comfortable. Makes sense.
I don't think he'll take me up on my offer to show him around Provo.
So I'm wondering - can blind dates ever really work out? Or is the situation just too weird and awkward and outside of our comfort zones to really make the kind of connection necessary to pursue, at least, a friendship?
+


I'm glad you had fun! I haven't heard from him (I usually do at the end of the month, home teaching and all), but I'm eager to. I need to get more deets from ya.
ReplyDeleteAnd yeah, blind dates work out! My old RS president got married off a blind date, and Brandon Sanderson met his wife on a blind date. I honestly don't prefer them, since I hate being on a date with someone I don't know, especially when they don't seem all that happy to have me assigned to them (first and last blind date ever, right there).
In my experience, Blind dates rarely work... but if you had a good time and are interested in getting to know him better, seize the opportunity.
ReplyDeleteI think I've been on one blind date, but it was with a group so it was less awkward. But the guy never really said anything to me the entire night, so yeah. It just depends I think.
ReplyDeleteLandon, my last boyfriend, started out as a blind date. I think that it just depends. He got my number at the end of the date, started calling me, and then we were dating. We all know how it ended, but that is not the point. The point is, blind dates can be awesome.
ReplyDeleteFirst, nobody had any idea the depths of his weirdness. We were just thinking that it would be good for him to go on a normal date. And I'm glad it's a good story. . . Hopefully as good as that time I almost made you get frostbite. Oops.
ReplyDeleteAnd second, my friend Kari's parents were set up on a blond date.