Sunday, September 19, 2010

COLD!

I caught a cold, and I feel pretty miserable right now. :( which downright sucks because I invited people over for breakfast this morning. And now I feel a little bit like dying would be preferable to living with this dang cold. I tried so hard to get it better- sleeping lots, going to bed early, etc. But I am still sick :(

Life is full of exciting little gems, though. :) This week, Japan Club had a booth at the Humanities opening club social. And it was a blaaaast! The Japan house came, and we had yukatas for people to try on, taking pictures, I wrote peoples' name in calligraphy... it was generally a blast. We were the loudest, best decorated, most fun booth there FOR SURE. And they gave us free rootbeer floats. Mmmm!

Friday, two of my classes were cancelled so after class I was able to go to the temple with Alyssa. It was really nice to go with her! With my current schedule, I usually go alone Thursdays, after class. There are benefits to doing both. I think sometimes you need to go alone. and sometimes is was nicer to have someone there with you, too.

That same night, we had a Japan club activity. It was full of fun and friends and I had a BLAST. We made some Japanese sweets-- Yukimi Daifuku. Which is pretty much like ice cream inside of mochi. Haha.

My cousin Daryl (HARVARD!) was there, and afterwards we went to his house for some KOREAN BBQ. Mmmm! I found out through as serious of amusing events that he knows a ton of people I know. He's roommates with someone I knew my freshman year, and has been childhood friends with another guy who was in my ward freshman year, and who served his mission in Sapporo, Japan. It was a lot of fun to meet people and make friends and eat food and generally have a grand old time. <3

Saturday had a plethora of fun events. Relief Society luncheon was a hit! Tasty lunch, lovely ladies... etc. It was great and we got to know each other a little bit better. After that, I went to DI with Joey and ROBERT (whom I hadn't seen since being back in America! yay!) That was SUPER FUN. I bought a few books, two pairs of shoes, and a PUZZLE. It has awesome DINOSAURS on it. And i'll be using it for dates.

Then after DI went to Dinner with Erika and her dad and Janijani and Alyssa and Shinsuke to Tucanos. omg I ate SO MUCH FOOD I wanted to DIE. Srsly. But then it wore off and I went to a DANCE PARTY which ended up more like a talking to people party but it was tons of fun. Haha. Then we hit up Maceys for food for today's pancake party and who should work there but the one and only ANDREW BERRETT. A friend from my home ward. Creaaazy!

I also splurged and bought myself a HALLOWEEN magazine that has all sorts of adorable and fun ideas for decorating and treats and stuff. omg I love Halloween. I want so much to have my own little house I can deck out. Eeee.

Gotta save my money so I can get some decorating stuff haha. 8D

Loves!

-JeJira

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I want to see your magazine! I'm glad you're having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete