Told you I fail at blogging.
Spent the last week and a half with my family touring Southern Utah. It was spectacular. My dad, the stud he is, had everything planned out. I pretty much went out on the trip having little idea what exactly we were going to do. It was fun haha.
Stayed in Zion's for a few days-- love the place. we hiked a lot, were perpetually dirty, and didn't sleep nearly enough. My dad, myself, and my two younger sisters hiked all the way to the end of Angel's Landing-- the last half mile is a steep scramble over the backbone of a sandstone cliff. There are places with chains to cling to. And 1500 foot drop on one to both sides of you. Oh ho ho ho it was difficult for me. I didn't realize I was that scared of heights until I was there. But I knew I would hate myself forever if I didn't finish the hike. So I did.
And I'm considerably less afraid of heights now.
We stayed two nights in a town called Cannonville. I think the total population was about 150 people. They had about 4 roads and no cell reception. Yup, I said it. Zippo. When we left after those two days, I had like 9 text messages lol. I didn't realize I was so popular.
Explored a slot canyon. That was way cool. In case you don't know, a slot canyon is a super narrow canyon carved out mainly by rain. and flash floods. Very neat. The one we went to was called Spooky something or other. My dad just always called it "Spooky." It was so narrow my dad had to crawl through at times. And it was absolutely stunning.
Red sandstone rock mixed with a touch of noon sunlight. Making half the canyon glow red-orange while casting the other half in purple shadows. On top of that was the texture of the stone itself-- like fine sandpaper-- and the undulating path carved out by water rushing past. Fantastic.
I crocheted a lot. I'm obsessed with crocheting. I'll prolly have to start a blog dedicated to my crocheting endeavors and with pictures of what I end up with, lol.
that is all. Good night.
Sounds like you had fun. I would never have the guts to hike that far!
ReplyDeleteI'm all for said crocheting blog.