Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Change of direction!

So since I never really update my blog, I think I will slowly be working to change this into a CRAFT BLOG where I show you all the stuff I'm working on. Hoping someday I will actually FINISH things.

I hope you guys will stick around and will enjoy the switch. :)

With spring coming up, there have been two things on my mind: Floral. Dresses.


I had a field day at Joanns, finally selecting three different floral prints and three dress patterns. I loved the large, bold prints on the fabric above, and the Japanese influence was also very enticing for me :)


I decided the bold print and colors would work well for this pattern- Simplicity 2444- with a solid black belt to break up the large prints. Plus who doesn't love big bows??

I've been working on the dress here and there, cutting out pieces one day, surging another, etc.A few days ago I sat down and actually put a lot of pieces together! Here's where I'm at: 


I'm definitely at that stage where you are really worried it's going to be too small. It's either going to fit FANTASTICALLY or I'm going to have a LOT of fun undoing stitches, darts, and pleats to add some more room in the back... haha.

Really wanting to find time to finish this soon. Have to juggle it around three jobs (that awkward phase where you're quitting one job and training for a new one...!)

That's all for now! 





1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished product! One of my sewing savvy friends sent me a link to an easy modest dress pattern created by one of her friends if you want to try it out http://aprilrhodes.blogspot.com/p/my.html . 3 jobs! I hope you are enjoying them!

    ReplyDelete