Sadly that usually costs money and takes a bunch of time.
I have succeeded in making my toilet room cute (at least, I think so!). I'd love to get my dining room spruced up, but I need to find a good rug to base all my colors around and stuff, and I don't have a car to go find one :p alas.
But, there are still things I can do. After school today, I had the intent of filling the GAZILLION nail holes in my walls. This required a trip to HOMAC and a very faltering conversation with a worker there. I was looking for spackle, but after (attempting) to explain what I wanted to do, he convinced me to get this little tube thing that was supposed to be great for filling holes in wall. I'm not sure why I doubted him. That thing works WONDERS.
Tomorrow I will sand the walls, then vacccuuuummm. Eventually I will paint the walls (prolly a white color on three and an accent color on one! Something to match my RUG. I'm hoping for a sage green)
Another thing I wanted to do was re-arrange some of the furniture in the kitchen. This meant switching the dish cabinet in the kitchen with some shelves in the dining. Sounded simple enough, right?
WRONG. After moving the dish cabinet I found THIS
Yes. That is food and WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE that has been sitting, rotting, for WHO KNOWS HOW LONG. Years, at least.
So I had to clean that up.
Then there was the plastic cabinet next to it. I wanted to move that, too, and actually get rid of it (not quite my cup of tea. Too plastic-y!!) But apparently it was wedged REALLY TIGHTLY under the fixed, wooden cabinet above it. I had to hammer some holes into the side to relieve enough pressure to squeak it out. Yeah. Super intense.
And then there was tons of cleaning up after all the messes I had made cleaning up the messes. :p
Now it is almost midnight and I am STILL AWAKE. Also, I am rally hungry because grossness made me lose my appetite.
In unrelated news- I decided to do NaNoWriMo. Write a novel in the month of November. I have lots of spare time at work :p Wish me luck!!

i think it's hilarious you started revamping your toilet room over your dining room~Sara
ReplyDeleteYou are NUTS. I would never rearrange my kitchen furniture just because I'm too lazy, ha! But I bet it will be cute when you're done--you should take before and after photos!
ReplyDeleteAnd these are the first pictures I've seen of your home's interior. :P
When you come back home, you can do our master bathroom.....
ReplyDeleteNaNoWriMo?! YAY! Me, too.
ReplyDelete