![]() |
| Iwamizawa Station |
![]() |
| Saw the Statue of Liberty along the way! Huh! |
![]() |
| Street in Iwamizawa |
![]() |
| Lovely ajisai (hydrangeas) outside the doors |
Also found something familiar....
And something delicious for lunch!
![]() |
| Taiyaki- a fish-shaped pancake thing. The batter is crunchy and sweet and the inside is filled with An- sweet red bean paste. It is one of my favorite things :) |
I also bought a guitar! He is absolutely GORGEOUS and I had a fun time playing for the two ladies in the shop. They loved the fact that I sang and I told them I would come back and play some more for them again :)
| Look at the beautiful woodwork on the side!! I love the light bars on the edges <3 |
| Detail shot of the inlaid designs. Stunning!! |
| Kind of cool that there are no dots on the fret-board! |
Last but not least, my next project is going to be trying to make a flower garden outside my house:
Difficulties:
My only mode of transportation are Bike and Feet. The Homac store isn't too far away but I will have to make lots of trips.
Also, the ground is really hard. And full of weeds.
I'll need to buy bricks/something to build up an above-ground bed. This will also be a little pricey I think.
I don't know any Gardening words in Japanese!
Rewards:
Lots of exercise
Beautiful flowers
Learn new vocabulary
Possibly have some fresh veggies to eat too??
Wanted to get started on this today, but it is kind of rainy outside. And I sort of want to play Guitar and watch Chuck.
So, how are the picture-heavy posts? you guys like or dislike it? I can always post fewer pictures if you find it all annoying.
Peace out for now! Tomorrow = KYOUKAI (church) ADVENTURE!
JeJira














Hi Jessica - I LOVE the pictures. It is so interesting to see another country and get a glimpse into your daily life. What an adventure! They are so lucky to have you. With your enthusiasm and sense of humor, you will be an awesome teacher.
ReplyDeletejessica have you never heard the phrase that a picture is worth a thousand words? heck, I feel like I'm there!--sara l
ReplyDeleteHi Jess! Glad to see that everything seems to be going well! New guitar looks great!
ReplyDeleteNo, lots of pictures!!!
ReplyDelete