So I stole this idea from my dear friend Talana-- a digital cleanse. With a focus on more personal communication and in an attempt to help my study time be better spent, I've decided to call people rather than text them. If they text me, I call them back. If I have something to say, I call them.
It's been really lovely so far. My study time is much more productive without me stopping every so often to check my phone or read and respond to a text. It's also much nicer to actually talk to people, I think. I changed my phone plan to one with 1500 minutes and 500 texts instead of unlimited texting and 300 minutes. I'm srsly considering sticking to this little-to-no-texting business.
But I do have to admit, I have texted a little. One in response to my ex, since I didn't really want to talk to him, and a few to my roommate with a quick question when I knew she was in class.
One thing I've also done is signed off of facebook chat, and only check facebook once or twice a day in case someone is trying to get a hold of me there (I've gotten on to look up Swing Club information and Japan club stuff)
Technology can be super helpful, but it can also make you really unproductive haha
I'm falling in love with swing dancing. I went to swing club dance lessons on Tuesday and it was sooo fun. Then I hung out at their booth and got Taka to teach me some stuff and practice with me yesterday. I am sort of going through swing withdrawals. But there is a lesson/dance tomorrow evening and I am reallly looking forward to going!!
I have a Spanish test today. But all I want to do is swing dance/play guitar. PROBLEM? Yes, yes it is. But maybe if I study super hard I can reward myself with some guitar??
Also, apparently Megamind is out on DVD. Am I going to buy it and watch it tonight? Yes, yes I am.
END.

You should become a professional swing dancer.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you're getting into Swing! I love it, but I never was all that dedicated to going to things.
ReplyDeleteOh, and how much are you paying for your plan? Who is it through? We are paying $32/mo (including tax) for Hollis's phone: 1500 talk/text.
ReplyDelete