What a lovely Friday! Two of my classes were cancelled today as my professor is mega popular and had to go speak at some fancy schmancy meeting someplace. Or something. Anyway, done with class at 10am. Nice feeling. Went to the library and "studied." Wasn't super effective, but at least I got some stuff done. :)
My amazing friend Alec was in town up from Manti, too, so him, Alyssa, and I went out to lunch together! We went out to Sensuous Sandwich, which has a hilarious name and is also super tasty. You order your sandwich by the inch. Starting with 4" and increasing by 2". I got a 8"er and it was the perfect amount of sandwich for me, haha.
Then, of course, dessert! We took Alec to Sammy's and introduced him to the wonder that is their pie shakes. Raspberry cheesecake, pumpkin pie cheesecake, and banana creme pie. Good choices. Good shakes.
Then we hit up an antique store nearby. Bought a bridal shower present for a friend who'se getting married in December! How crazy is that? Bridal shower presents stress me out, haha. Because I don't want to buy lingerie unless I know the person really really well and I also know the people going to BE there really well. So I try to find things that are classy/useful. I got a previous friend this super classy, cute, ceramic cookie jar. I don't think Marie has any idea that this blog even exists, so I might as well share what I got her here, too :p BUT MARIE IF YOU ARE READING THIS YOU BETTER STOP RIGHT NOW. >:G Anyway, I found this lovely, old, little hardbound book of poetry. I think it's lovely, and Marie really likes books (I THINK?! I hope she still does...!) and I dunno. I think a gorgeous, old, hard-bound book is a nice present? haha.
OH WELL I HOPE SHE LIKES IT. STRESSTRESS.
BUT the funny story and the whole point I actually started this blog post, however, happened as soon as we pulled out of the parking spot on Center Street after antique store. We srove past maybe two cars parked and I saw a SKEIN OF YARN just LAYING on the ground. SO I yelled:
"LOOK! YARN! STOP!!"
Luckily, Alec is amazing and re-parked right then and there. So I ran out and rescued the abandoned ball of yarn. I hope that was an okay thing to do? IT WAS ON THE GROUND GUYS. ABANDONED. I WILL MAKE IT INTO SOMETHING LOVELY. And post pictures of it here. Maybe.
So that is the story.
--Jejira
PS. if you think the yarn belongs to YOU tell me what color it is/what kind of yarn and I will (maybe) give it back to you <3
Yarn rescue... ha.
ReplyDelete