This entire semester has been one of lots and lots of stress. My classes are really hard, I study more than I've probably ever studied before (but still probably not enough) and I never seem to get ahead/caught up even in my classes. Also, during October I was probably sick about as often as I was well. If not more. Basically, it was a hard, month.
One night it came down on me pretty hard, and after talking to my mom about things for a bit, she helped me realize that this wasn't just stress, but also some anxiety. My mom has been battling depression/anxiety for many years now, so I've tried to me aware of the signs in my own life that I might start having those same battles, but it seems like I forgot about the anxiety part and was only watching out for depression symptoms.
But she gave me a lot of good tips and advice on how to fight this thing, and even just realizing that it wasn't JUST stress really helped calm me. So here are a few things in my battle plan:
+ Exercise 30 minutes a day (DID THAT THIS MORNING. BOOYAH.) -> This one is hard for me because I have been sick for FOREVER and I don't like running and it's really cold in the mornings. But I went with a cough drop in mouth today and managed to run for FOUR WHOLE SONGS on my ipod. That's GOOD for me, guys!!
+ To-do Lists -> I love to-do lists, but I need to actually use them more. But on these to-do lists, too, include the amount of time I'm going to study. And if that's all I can do, then stick with that. This will also be really handy in helping me pace all these big projects I have due at the end of the semester
+ Dispel "illusion" -> There are many illusions we subconsciously tell ourselves. Some include things like "I should have studied harder," or "I should have done this," "I'm stupid," etc. When I catch myself thinking these types of things, I need to not only discredit them, but tell myself the TRUTH: "I did all that I can do." "This is good enough." etc.
+ Money -> Gotta keep telling myself that it is okay to spend my savings while in college, that is what it is there for. Also, my parents love me and want to help me, and they want to give me money to help pay for my education.
These are things I feel are really going to help me out. :) Just thought I'd share them with my small blog followers. Because... this is kind of my life right now, and maybe some of these things can be helpful for you, too.
Peace and love
-JeJira
You can do it! Work at those goals and you'll feel better in no time. C:
ReplyDeleteOh no! Feel better soon. I wish I was there to nurse you back to health! And shove vitamin c pills down your throat, and lysol everything you touch. <3
ReplyDelete