Friday, February 19, 2010

The Ladder

I've heard a lot about the infamous "friend ladder." From what I've heard, it's a one-one ticket to your potential as a datable specimen.

I really think that such a ladder doesn't exist for me. Or perhaps they do, but I just allow quite a lot of two-way traffic.

I don't know if this is common for other girls, but I have lists. Pretty much every guy I meet has a mental list in my brain: pros and cons, things I like about him, things that bother me, etc. Basically, it's a "how-datable-are-you?" list. These lists are always being updated, changed, added to, subtracted from, etc. sometimes I'll put guys on the "friend" ladder, just to move them over to the "datable" ladder in a few weeks. And then sometimes I'll move them back again.

I don't know how common of a view that is. I hope it doesn't come across as harsh. We're supposed to be evaluating what we want in a future spouse and etc during these dating games... I guess this is just my why of doing that.

Basically I am confused as of late. C:

Love, all! <3

2 comments:

  1. :) I do not have as many lists as you. But they are definitely there. haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh...you found Ladder Theory! I've subscribed to it for years. Quite a lot of truth in it.

    ReplyDelete