Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Pinterest rant...

Recently I discovered Pinterest (which I an guessing is pronounced pin+terest, but for some reason I always refer to it as P+interest). It's a really fantastic, fun site and I have found a lot of nifty tips and crafts and recipes via it.

But there is one thing that drives me crazy. Batty. Up the walls. It's not Pinterest's fault at all-- it's the users messing up when they make a new pin.

I'll back up a little. When you view a pin on Pinterest, there is a link above and to the right of the picture. That link is the site that P takes the image from. So if you click that link, it will take you to the original source.

But people are doing it WRONG. I can't tell you how many times I have been looking at an awesome DIY project, click the link, and then I'm sent to the HOMEPAGE of a blog instead of to the POST that tells you how to make the craft. I have to sift through pages and pages of blog posts to try and find the one I want to read!

This is the RIGHT way to do it, guys:

If you have something you want to pin, copy the URL for the post itself, NOT the homepage! That way, when you make a new pin, the source will link back to the specific post. Please, everyone, please just do this!!!

Imploringly,
Jessica

1 comment: