Sunday, March 4, 2012

A pizza-licious weekend!!

This weekend there was a HAJET meeting in Furano, a quaint little town in mid-Hokkaido. There were workshops and stuff, but I went because of a Cheese Factory, to meet people and re-connect, and because We Play Songs We Like (an accoustic band consisting of Jeri, Tracy, and me) were performing at a charity concert.
Jeri and I left early Friday afternoon and took a stunning drive via some back-roads through snow-covered mountains. It was sunny and beautiful.

We arrived at the hotel early and exhausted, and collapse on Jeri`s bed to take a nice nap.

Then I went out for dinner with a few other ALTs. We got pizza at a restaraunt down the street. Yum!

I had no intention of actually attending the workshops, but as I talked to people there, I decided to stay. Met some new people, had a generally grand time. Then stayed up too late talking, giggling, playing guitar, etc.

Saturday was Cheese Factory day for me. Yes, I was ridiculously excited about going and buying cheese.  I love cheese, guys, and even though Hokkaido is like, famous for cheese or whatever, there really isnt that great of a selection at my grocery stores (srsly, I havent seen chedder cheese since the last time I was at Costco!) The cheese factory also had... wait for it... a PIZZA RESTARAUNT. Yup. I had pizza for lunch and it was the most delicious pizza I have ever had. SO GOOD.

Then I bought cheese. And butter. And got some cheese and grape flavored ice cream.
(The cheese one was oh-so-good. Kind of like a cream-cheese-esque flavor. All I can say is YUM)
This is the cheese I got. A sort of white cheddar marbled with red wine. TASTY.
Saturday night was the charity concert. We were the first out of 4 bands to play. It was super fun, but also difficult. We had a hard time hearing each other and our selves while we played, but a lot of people said we sounded nice so that`s good I guess??

Anyway, here is a video on the YOUTUBES already. There is a ton of background noise. Sorry. Nobody liked us enough to stop talking haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMePJ9PCrSU&feature=youtu.be

After the concert we got to have a more intimate snack/drink party with the other bands and the owner of the club. I got to make friends with two of the younger girls who work there. I always love befriending young ladies because they always tell me how cute my smal face is (whatever that means. haha I dunno). I also got to pull out my dajare (puns) and a haiku I wrote. lol.

Then, finally, around 3am SLEEP. I reeked of smoke SO HORRIBLY. It was sad. But Sunday morning I made it home, cuddled my cat, and was astounded that it was above freezing in my house.

Successful weekend? Yes, yes it was.

2 comments:

  1. You guys sounded so good! Did you record any of the other songs?? You looked so cute! (Were you wearing fake lashes?)

    I hope you took lots of pictures!! I want to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that weekend sounds FAB-U-LOSSSO! And cheese, oh cheese, just makes everything grand.
    Glad to hear you had an amazing weekend. Wish I could've been there to hear you play in person!
    Loves you

    ReplyDelete