I'm working on applying for a scholarship. There is an essay portion, and this is the prompt:
In 1–2 typewritten pages, provide a statement of purpose that outlines your study plans and explains how the FLAS Fellowship will aid you in reaching your program and/or career goals.
This is the response I wanted to put:
If I am awarded this scholarship, I will have enough money to eat and I won't starve. This will greatly improve my Japanese study abilities because I will still be alive.
Unfortunately, I don't think that type of humor would win me the grant.
loves
--JeJira
HA HA HA, that would be great!
ReplyDeleteIf you want me to look over your essay (editing wise) I totally will. Good luck!
I wanted to write the same thing on my app! I tried to ended up saying something something along the lines of being able to focus exclusively on my studies... How many scholarships did they have available for undergrads? I think there are four for grad students. There aren't too many of them so I'm hoping my odds are good.
ReplyDeleteJoJira
PS I should have studied more Chinese this summer. 201 is totally kicking my butt.