Monday, August 9, 2010

Continuing Education

is complicated. Haha. Basically, I'm graduating in December and am trying to find a master's program somewhere to apply. I didn't think I was that hard to please, until I started looking for what I wanted.

Basically, my goal is to get teacher certification, and something involving TESOL/ESL. BYU has a MA in TESOL, which I'm really interested in. But it doesn't include teacher certification, and it focuses more on teaching outside of the K-12 school area. Rather, it's designed more for teaching abroad, in community colleges, in businesses, etc. This also really interests me. I LOVED teaching in Japan, and I'd love to go back and teach again. But I don't know if I want to LIVE there indefinitely. I'm interested in the business and community college aspect of it. But I'm also interested in teaching Japanese and TESOL/ESL in high school.

Also interested in a Masters in Teaching (MIT), as I do love teaching, and I think I'd really enjoy teaching Japanese/ESL in high school. And getting an MIT gives you teacher's certification.... Though I suppose I coudl always just get a certification without a master's degree? Hmmmm.

I'm also really interested in the JET programme. If I were accepted, I'd go to Japan and teach English in a public high school for 1+ years. So a really great oppurtunity. I could maybe even make some money to help pay for my past/future school expenses. And be a break from school, possibly?

Hmmm!

Anyone know of any good schools/programs? I'm looking into as many different things as I can find.

Peace!

--JeJira

3 comments:

  1. UW! UW! UW! Not that I'm biased or anything... okay, so I am. And I am a HUGE fan of UW's education department. I'll look into it for you, but if you're interested, here's the link to the ed dept's website: http://education.washington.edu/

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and you do want your masters. It's way better. They pay you more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of JET. And Interac. They would be crazy awesome to do.

    I'm kind of dumb when it comes to this stuff, but I hope you find something suitable!

    ReplyDelete